John KITCHINGHAM  1 2
- Born: 1797, Hartlip, Kent, England 1 2
- Marriage (1): Mary PEPPER 
- Died: 1887, Hartlip, Kent, England aged 90 1 2
I wrote to a guy (Alex) on Genes this morning who had John listed, and explained the problem we were having with the two John's.............this is the reply I received a minute or two ago.....and it all makes sense. I haven't yet looked at the tree, wanted to get this off to you asap.
"I have Mary Pepper dying in 1877 (Milton 1877 Q4 2a/436). She is the one who married John Kitchingham and I have only traced Stephen born 1825 (and married Mary Ann Hales in 1849) and Sarah born 1837 as their children. I do not have the parents of John Kitchingham and have his birth c 1797 in Hartlip. He was on the 1841 census as an Ag Lab. I have other Kitchingham connections in that my great-great grandmother was Eliza Kitchingham born 1842 in Bredhurst but I haven''t made the connection with the other Kitchinghams although I suspect there is one going back through the generations. John the shoemkaer is on the 1841 census with Elizabeth and John the Ag Lab is there with Mary and Sarah. - Sandy
Well this John, is the father of Thomas and he wasn't a farmer, but a former shoemaker as per 1871
Noted events in his life were:
1. Lived at: Lower Hartlip, 1841, Hartlip, Kent, England.
2. Occupation: Ag Lab, 1841, Hartlip, Kent, England.
3. Lived at: hartlip street, 1851-1881, Hartlip, Kent, England.
4. Occupation: Ag Lab, 1851-1861, Hartlip, Kent, England.
5. Illness: Blindness, 1871, Hartlip, Kent, England. 3 Blind from Age
6. Lived at: Hartlip Street, 1871, Hartlip, Kent, England. 3
7. Occupation: Farmer 10 acres, 1881, Hartlip, Kent, England.
John married Mary PEPPER  [MRIN: 2533]. (Mary PEPPER  was born circa 1796 in Paddington, 1 2 4 and died in 1877 in Hartlip, Kent, England 1 2.)