Mary Sephora DAY  1 2
- Born: 4 Nov 1885, Tylorstown, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales 1 2
- Marriage (1): Jack CLARKE  circa 1904
- Marriage (2): Wilfred Gilbert STEVENS  about 1930 in St Saviour's, Redland, Bristol
- Died: Apr 1973, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, aged 87 1 2
B M D Pontypridd 11 a 465 Dec 1885
She married John Edward C Clarke in about Sept 1902, her first husband, when she was 17 or 18 years old. They had a child who died when she was 6 months old. Pontypridd 11a page 823
CLARK, Eleanor Mary1903 December Births Pontypridd Glamorgan Mid Glamorgan
CLARK Eleanor Mary 1904 March Deaths Pontypridd Glamorgan Mid Glamorgan aged 6 months
He moved to Port Arthur, USA and he wanted her to follow him. He wrote many times asking her to join him. She remarried to Wilfred Stevens ( died 13/3/1939)possibly as soon as he died. She was in contact with John's sister.
She qualified as a Midwife(about3 months training) at Cardiff in mid 1900-1910).
In the First World War she ran the Cottage Hospital in Brixam for convalescent members of the armed forces.Then she trained as a nurse at the Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, in about 1924. She then went on to look after a Richard Codrington at Doddington, Bath.
Owned and ran a Nursing Home at 76 Hampton ParI<, Redland, Bristol "Semley House". The telephone number was Bristol 4533. The house was bought for £2,000 in about 1928. She looked after 7 patients. Later on the house was turned into flats. her sister, Margaret, living in one of them. Three flats were built at the bottom garden in the 70's. Richard Ormond(1946) lived in one for a time.
She moved to Brixham - Redlands, New Road. She ran a Bed and Breakfast from here.
After this, she moved to 1 Tickenham Road, Clevedon, Somerset
Died on a Friday
She married her first husband when she was 17 or 18 years old. They had a child who died when she was 6 months old.
He moved to the USA and he wanted to follow her. He wrot many times asking her to join him. She didn't and trained as a nurse at the Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, in about 1924. She then went on to lookafter a Richard Codrington at Doddington, Bath 3
Noted events in her life were:
1. Lived at: 17 East Road, 1891, Ystradfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales. 2
2. Lived at: 12 East Road, 1901, Ystradfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales. 1 2
3. Lived at: 11 Bryn Llifed, 1911, Tylorstown, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales. with brother George Alfred
4. Occupation: Maternity Nurse, 1911, Tylorstown, Ystradyfodwg, Glamorgan, Wales.
Mary married Jack CLARKE  [MRIN: 398] circa 1904. (Jack CLARKE  died in Port Arthur. USA.)
Mary next married Wilfred Gilbert STEVENS  [MRIN: 416] about 1930 in St Saviour's, Redland, Bristol. (Wilfred Gilbert STEVENS  was born in 1887 in Barton Regis, Bristol, somerset and died on 13 Mar 1989 in Clevedon, , Somerset, England.)